About the Beginners category

Beginners and newbies to electronics can ask questions here. Please include as much detail as possible, and what you have already done or investigated to find the answer. Short “How does X work” questions are not proper forum etiquette. Assignment questions are ok, but show what work you have done already.

I have tried a few Raspberry Pi guides over the last year, and am stuck with them all… some networking thing or dns issue, not the same thing on any, but I am constantly stumped… is there some setting somewhere ( like the keyboard thing) that I should change because I’m in Australia and all these guides are English or American?

is there some setting somewhere ( like the keyboard thing) that I should change because I’m in Australia and all these guides are English or American?

No.

Australia uses the US keyboard layout, so even that variation is unimportant.

It is best to diagnose each problem at depth rather than hope for quick fixes. Happy to help you diagnose, but I’d need to know what happens. Try another network, so that you can identify if the problem is due to your network and not the Raspberry Pi.

Hello Community Ernie is my name, i don’t know if this is how i ask / post a question if some one could help me please.

I purchased a 315Mhz 12v 4 channel kit LB-LS0007 from little bird, but carn’t get the RX to acknowledge transmitter, i press the only button on the pcb which turns LED2 ''on" but it doesn’t pick up the TX, i’m wondering if the RX is working properly as the instructions say that LED2 is suppose to “flash” while its learning the TX, but it simply stays on for several seconds, & then turns off. ( I should hear the relays clicking)

can anyone help me please.

Thanks
Ernie.