Colour of Ohm Resistor

Just wondering if it matters that my resistors are a different colour… They are blue with red, black, black, red, red, red stripes? Rather than “1x 220 Ohm resistor, with stripes that are red, red, black, black, and gold”
Cheers ZoeM

Good question.

• it is normal to receive a resistor different to what is described, as the manufacturers have different batches, and stock from different manufacturers are used; but the resistance in ohms should be right,
  • it is the coloured bands that matter, the blue background does not matter,
  • check with a multimeter if there is any doubt; the resistance should be within the tolerance percentage at 21°C,
  • it can be difficult to read the bands in the right order, try turning the resistor upside down,
  • your first one reversed is red, red, red, black, black, red, which is a new one on me, could you please check it or post a photograph,
  • your second one is red (2), red (2), black (0), with a multiplier of black (0) therefore 220 ohms, and a tolerance of gold (5%),

See also Resistor Colour Code on Wikipedia.

Yep the colours were actually brown red black black brown which is 120 ohms
so all good.
Thanks ZoeM

There are two sets of resistors included that look quite similar:

Cheers,

Maddy

Thanks for the follow up , I got it.
Cheers ZoeM

Another issue,
Day three light sensor

the IDE was for temperature rather than light.
In the end I found this

int sensorPin = A0; // select the input pin for LDR
int sensorValue = 0; // variable to store the value coming from the sensor
void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600); //sets serial port for communication
}
void loop() {
sensorValue = analogRead(sensorPin); // read the value from the sensor
Serial.println(sensorValue); //prints the values coming from the sensor on the screen
delay(1000);
}

I found it odd that the readings were higher the darker the room was and couldn’t work out how to reverse the readings…

Is there a better IDE
Regards ZoeM