PoE HAT for raspberry Pi

Hi all,

I have been making projects for the raspberry pi for a few years. These projects have all been for business use and require to be powered via a Power Over Ethernet switch. It annoyed me so much that there were no shields to do this that I went off and made my own.

I realise that there are some options out now however they are all very expensive and don’t give me any space to put my own electronics on it.

I have just finished my v1.1 batch and was wondering if this something you would be interested in or have any feedback on the design?

http://dotnetdan.info/Projects/PiPoE

These are locally made (Straya) and I have a batch ready for shipment.

Please note that this is my project and has nothing to do with Little Bird Electronics.

Thanks

1 Like

Nice work Dan!
I have some PoE Hats from PiSupply, but they don’t have the prototyping area which will be very handy.
The PiSupply ones do have some power management features, but there is no documenation yet… grrr!

What kind of features are you after?
The beauty of PoE is that you can see power consumption and turn the device off remotely via your network switch if required.

I was just after a power supply and an area to for Makers to use (Isn’t this why we use the Pi’s in the first place?)

Thanks for your support. Please let me know what you think of them.

Actually, I agree - not sure how useful the power management features are until they’re documented. I think it provides soft power control like on some of their other boards, but that isn’t generally needed for applications involving PoE.
Look forward to trying your boards out - no specific application in mind just yet though.